Venue and Travel Information
IEEE CIFEr 2014 will be hosted in Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Canary Wharf, London, UK.
The exact location is 5 Canada Square, which is next to Canada Square Park in Canary Warf.
View Larger Map
Information on security, building access and other practicalities
will be completed at a later stage. can be found here.
By plane, through one of the five commercial airports:
- London City Airport (22 minutes to Bank station by DLR)
- London Gatwick Airport (30 minutes to London Victoria by Gatwick Express)
- London Heathrow Airport (15 minutes to London Paddington by Heathrow Express)
- London Luton Airport (20-35 minutes to St. Pancras International by train)
- London Stansted Airport (45 minutes to Liverpool Street station by train)
Travel times are approximated. Always allow extra time, especially during rush hour, peak holiday travel times, and if you're taking a bus. More information regarding travel from London airports to Centre can be found at the Transport for London site.
By rail, through one of the main rail terminals:
- St. Pancras railway station
- London Victoria
- London Waterloo
- London Paddington station
From all the stations it is best to take the underground to the Bank Station and then change to DLR to Canary Wharf OR to go to London Bridge Station and Change to Jubilee Line that goes through Canary Wharf as well.
Getting around using public transportation
More information about travell can be found at the Transport for London site. This site includes public buses, trains and underground travel.
You can buy a visitor Oyster card for pay-as-you-go travel, or acquire a travelcard for one or 7 days. You can buy both at the machines and service desks. When buying you will need to indicate which zones you want to travel in. The London centre is in Zone 1 and the conference venue is in Zone 2. You will probably not need to go out of Zones 1-2. For prices see the following sites:
Additionally, Google Maps provides a comprehensive integrated overview of directions with and without public transport.
The following is general information. Precise information should be thought in the official sites.
Information regarding UK Visa Information can be found in the Home Office UK Border Agency.
You can find a hotel through one of the following websites:
Suggested hotels near the conference venue (in Canary Wharf):
- Britannia International Hotel Canary Wharf
- London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
- Hilton London Canary Wharf
- Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf
- Fraser Place Canary Wharf
For a map of nearby hotels, please follow this link: Google Maps.
From London Eye, the National Gallery and Tower of London, London is full of attractions. Many of the attractions and museums are free. Please see the following pages to find things you may find interesting: